Thursday, May 6, 2010

THE PENITENT

This week has been a sad week. My cousin in law committed suicide. Leaving behind two sons. The funeral was extremely sad, especially to see my family mourning. The next morning i came upon this Anne Bronte poem, which has always been a favorite of mine...and I can't help but think of my cousin Rebecca and her two boys. I love how it talks about our sorrows and hurts...but that there will be joy in heaven. Always pressing on towards the goal.


THE PENITENT
by: Anne Bronte (1820-1849)


MOURN with thee, and yet rejoice
That thou shouldst sorrow so;
With angel choirs I join my voice
To bless the sinner's woe.


Though friends and kindred turn away,
And laugh thy grief to scorn;
I hear the great Redeemer say,
"Blessed are ye that mourn."

Hold on thy course, nor deem it strange
That earthly cords are riven:
Man may lament the wondrous change,
But "there is joy in heaven!"

THAT THERE IS JOY IN HEAVEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment