Tuesday, November 10, 2009

contraversial


It was three AM. I was sitting on a sofa in the Stockholm apart. I had been traveling all day...walking alone in the streets of Paris...listening to Coldplay and admiring the beautiful buildings all around me. I just wanted to relax and enjoy a bit of light reading...this book was definitely NOT a bit of light reading.

My mother had told me about the Shack but I had put off reading it because being a history/english major has left me with zero time to read for myself. But I bought it before I left so that I could read it on the plane.

So there i was, staying up all night waiting for my 6 AM flight from Stockholm to Austria...with nothing else to do. So I pulled out the Shack and began reading. I did not put the book down until the plane landed. I sat next to an elderly man who kept giving me funny looks when I would just start weeping.

I had forgotten about The Shack until last night when I saw it on my book case covered in dust. So I picked it up and started reading it again...except this time...I read it slowly. I am excited to see what I get out of it this time...

For those of you who think The Shack is "sacrileges" or whatever you may think..I'd love to discuss it with you...For I think it is one of the most beautiful books I have ever read...and being a History/English major...I have read a lot of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment