Monday, December 20, 2010

Eat. Pray. Love.




So I had sworn that I would not watch this movie because I heard that it was just about a whiney woman who needed to find herself through Travel...but I got in the travel mood and thought...what the heck.
My friends were not wrong though. Throughout the whole movie you are wondering why she is so miserable... though travel is wonderful and will show you so many things about yourself... she went about "finding herself" the wrong way.


If you want to find yourself...you don't need to meditate and sit in silence...why? Because all you do is sit and think about yourself. Why not get up...be thankful for what you have and go help people who do not have anything. You want to "find yourself"...go and be selfless and help the helpless! Serve! Love on those around you! Go play with orphans! Love on your husband! Love on your family! Go clean up a HWY! Go be a candy striper at a hospital or nursing home! Go deliver flowers to families in need!
When you serve...it forces you to think beyond yourself! And thus...you are no longer thinking about "me, myself, and I".
But I did like the end of the movie...when she selflessly asked for help for the medicine woman and opened herself up for love. The ending was great and so was the scenery. Can't get any better than Italy, India, and Bali!

No comments:

Post a Comment